Wednesday, September 12, 2007

About Me

My name is Brian and I live in sunset park, Brooklyn. I’m very quiet and reserved and like to keep to myself. People always ask me how come I don’t say much and I always say that I prefer to listen to what others have to say than speak. I’m also a calm person but I do have my fun at times.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn except for the short time that I lived in queens. It was actually during that time in queens when my parents got divorced. Since that time I’ve been living with my mother. Like most Hispanic mothers my mom is very caring and loving. I’m the only child that my mom has so her affection for me can get a little to overbearing. My father on the other hand is more reserved in his feelings. He’s not the type to just come out and say what he’s thinking or feeling. It’s a rare moment when he’ll actually show some type of affection towards me and my brother and sister.

My brother Matthew and sister Nicolette are actually my half siblings, but I don’t see a point in constantly saying that they’re only my half brother and sister. It’s weird being an older brother especially since that for the first eleven years of my life I was an only child. Being an older sibling is somewhat challenging because of all of the responsibilities that come with it. Whenever I’m with them everything is based on them. Simple things like crossing the street become small missions. Holding their hand and standing at the corner for five minutes until no cars are driving in our direction are some of the things that are my job as their older brother. They can definitely be a pain and a handful but in the end I still love them.

I come from a family that is always striving for the better. Very clean cut and following the rules are the attitudes of my family members. Basically they’re old fashioned. Sometimes that can be overwhelming but also helpful in getting me to better myself. They’re constantly pushing me to do well and achieve any goal that I want to achieve.

When it came to college my family was really forcing the issue on me which I didn’t mind because I wanted to attend a college. Now that I’m in laguardia and in this class I want to take with me a new sense of writing and learn how to do things that can save the earth.

2 comments:

Pantera820 said...

great page

Twitty Tinkerbell said...

i like your page.just thought to tell u to fix my address.there should be a 89 after bell.thank you.my name is richelle