Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blog # 2 / Reducing Your Daily Impact continues and watse consumptions

Once again I'm here to talk about reducing your daily impact. I'm going to try and not mention all that I have already but I have a feeling that I will anyway. This is a serious topic that I think people need to be reminded of more than just once or twice. Reducing your daily impact is very important because our population just continues to grow. And as that happens we produce more waste.

We produce Millions of tons of waste a year, 4.6 pounds by a person a day, and more than seventy percent is not recycled. Just imagine if we were to recycle all the recyclable wastes. Glass, metals and paper are some the recyclable items that many simply throw away as normal garbage. Due to this many landfills are over filled and then have to close because of health and environmental issues. When over filled all of that garbage then turns into other matter such as liguid and then seeps into our water systems. I don't know about anyone else but I really would't want to take drink or shower from a waste infested water system.

Besides the contamination of water toxins can be release into the air and create a hazardous breathing environment. Who would want that? The main idea again is to recycle. If we recycle we use less energy for combustion and release less carbon dixoide into the atmosphere which is the basis of global warming.

With all of that said I'm going to do an experiment. I am going to collect all of my garbage watses for two days. Then after the two days I'm going to weigh the waste to see how much we produce on a daily basis. And see if that 4.6 pounds is true or not. Once that is calculated I will then calculate the weight for an entire year. I will keep on posting to let everyone know on how my progress is going. This will be an interesting and possibly bad smelling experiment. It's all in the good nature for nature.