Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Amerian Museum of Natural History Trip

Today at the museum there were a lot of cool things. The exhibit that I found most interesting were the North American animals. Sorry Dr.Smith, not that what you had us searching for wasn't interesting I just found the animals to be most appealing. I just wish that they were real. I guess I would have to go to the zoo for that.

While in the neanderthal exhibit in the Spitzer Hall of Human Origins there was an elderly woman who started talking to us. At first I thought that she was a crazy old lady but then I realized that she was a volunteer worker. It turned out that she was really informative and helpful with explaining what the neanderthals did and how they lived. I actually took a video of her with my phone but the upload was taking a ridiculously long time (Hours) so i had to cancel it. When I have more time I'll post it. The elderly woman actually provided all of the Ethos, Pathos and Logos that we needed for that exhibit. I did take some pictures of the neanderthals. Here, to the left, is a woman who is skinning some animal and smoothing out the inner skin. To the right is a man who is sharpening a branch or some piece of wood to create a weapon. As you can probably tell both the man and woman were in the same display model. According to the volunteer woman they were probably brother and sister. What can't be seen is that there is another woman in the display with them and again according to the elderly volunteer woman, she was their mother. It was interesting to see that people actually lived like that millions or billions of years ago. Whats even more amazing is that there are people that still do live like that in the world.

The exhibit about the earth, I forgot the name of it, was also nice to see. There were a lot of infromation about global warming. There were pictures, diagrams and videos about the topic. So if there were any non-believers in global warming, that exhibit should have proved them wrong. I also took a video with my phone of another video. I would've posted it but I didn't want to go through that whole uploading process again. The video was, as I said before, about global warming and it was a really good informative video. I did take some pictures of the other charts and diagrams but they didn't come out that good but I might post them anyway.

In the end the trip was fun. I can actually say that I left learning something that I hadn't known when I went in. I might actually go again and visit all of the exhibits. As soon as I format the videos to be alittle smaller I'll try to post them and the rest of the pictures that I took.

5 comments:

Mary. said...

Hey! that's cool. I have taken these pictures too. I like your blog but what are the ethos, pathos and logo that you have found in those pictures? I couldn't start writing because I couldn't decide what to write about.

futuristicretrobaby88 said...

Thats funny how you're trying to explain each picture from the museum but u have to cut yourself short through the middle of your explaintion because of your computer..ha...ha..ha.. Anyway nice pic, they seem life like in the picture...I wonder how they look in person.......Anyway I'll get back to you when you post the rest of that blog take care....

C. Jason Smith said...

Yeah--the logos ethos and pathos thing will make you think, right?

Hopie said...

yo thats a wild pic! lol

Pantera820 said...

ur so organized ur blog is really good