Sunday, October 7, 2007

Blog # 5

After doing the experiment and doing some research I now have to see where in my life can I either "go green" or "low impact". One thing that I know that I can improve on is stop buying water bottles and other beverages in plastic bottles. Instead I can do what Dr.Smith is doing and buy one bottle either glass or a hard plastic and keep refilling it with drinks. Another thing that I can do, as I'm sure I've mentioned in my previous blogs, is not buy items that are not recyclable. I hate repeating myself but, buying bio degradable products is something that I can try and do a lot more of. I'm going to try and this is a big TRY but I'm going to try and not use paper towels. It doesn't help that my mother just bought a pack of fifteen or so bounty paper towels. Another thing is not using or buying plastic forks and spoons. Which I had no idea about but that's a big thanks to http://notoriousrambo.blogspot.com/ for informing me of that. Of course I plan on doing everything that I have been doing but, taking it further and really expanding on it.

My "go green" and "low impact" list
  • Buy a glass or hard plastic bottle for drinks
  • Not using paper towels (that will be the hardest for me to do)
  • Buy more bio biodegradable products
  • Try to buy environment friendly household cleaners
  • Use less hot water
  • Turn off unnecessary electric appliances
  • Use less paper
  • Use recyclable paper

1 comment:

C. Jason Smith said...

Good work so far! Thanks for keeping up with your blog. I like what I see so far. Dr. J